University of Phoenix Material
Define the following terms:
Term | Definition |
Ethnic group | An ethnic group is a group of people who identify with one another, or are so identified by others, on the basis of a boundary that distinguishes them from other groups |
Anti-Semitism | The belief or behavior hostile toward Jews just because they are Jewish. |
Islamophobia | |
Xenophobia | |
Persecution | |
Religious group | |
Select at least 1 religious and 1 ethnic/racial group not your own from the list below.
* Religious groups (based on http://religions.pewforum.org/pdf/affiliations-all-traditions.pdf)
* Evangelical Protestant
* Mainline Protestant
* Historically Black Churches
* Roman Catholic
* Latter-Day Saints (Mormons)
* Jehovah’s Witnesses
* Orthodox (Greek, Eastern)
* Judaism (Orthodox, Conservative, or Reform)
* Buddhism (Theravada or Mahayana)
* Islam (Sunni, Shia, Sufism)
* Racial/Ethnic groups (based on divisions in U.S. Census Bureau documents)
* Asian (Asian descent)
* Black (African descent)
* Hispanic and Latino (South or Central American descent)
* Pacific Islander (Polynesian descent)
* White (European descent)
* Part III
Answer the following questions in 150 to 250 words each about the religious group you selected:
* How does your selected religious group differ from other religious groups (such as in their beliefs, worship practices, or values)?
* What has been the experience of your selected religious group with others that do not share its beliefs or practices?
* In what ways has the religious group you selected contributed to American culture?
* Provide specific examples of prejudice or discrimination your selected religious group has experienced.
* What were the sources of this prejudice or...