uterWrist Watch Computer
In Partial fulfillment of the Requirement
Of the course
Principles of Research
March 16, 2012
The ZYPAD is a wristwatch computer which fits on a user's wrist like a bracer and offers interface port features similar to laptop computer. It was developed by Parvus, a military contractor, and EurotechIt is arguable whether it qualifies as a watch, but it is referred to as a "Wrist Worn PC". It is able to run either Linux or Windows CE, and can sense motion, allowing such possibilities of use such as going into standby mode when a user lowers his/her arm. It can determine its position by dead reckoning as well as via GPS. It supports Bluetooth,IrDA, and WiFi.
The ZYPAD debuted in 2006 and the ZYPAD WL 1000 was the first marketed device, followed by the WL 1100.]Initial retail prices were set to be around $2000. The Zypad WR1100 debuted in 2008 and features housing made out of high strength fiberglass-reinforced nylon-magnesium alloy and a biometric fingerprint scanner.
1. Innovate the watch and the laptop.
2. Produce a new gadget that is easy to carry
3. Emphasize the use and features of wrist watch computer.
* You don’t need to go to computer shops just to use computer.
* You don’t need to worry of running out of electricity because its rechargeable.
* It has a built in stylus for easy pointing.
* Infrared Port
* Touch Screen input
* Page up
* Rocker Switch
* Page Down